Wrangler is an off-road vehicle series introduced by Jeep in 1986. This SUV comes as both two-door and four-door and has many models with different trim levels. You do not want to worry about the toughest hilly roads or tracks with rough surfaces, as Jeep Wranglers are versatile to match anywhere. Is Jeep Wrangler a good first car? This must be a frequent question among new consumers who want an exciting vehicle experience that match their off-road traveling. Let’s clarify the answer in detail.
What Makes a Good First Car?
When achieving the dream of the first car, you must look into many facts to avoid mismatches and refrain from wasting money on a wrong model or a highly damaged car that needs countless repairs. Now we are going to explain the aspects you need to consider separately.
- Your Budget – This is one of the first facts you need to consider when filtering the results in the online car sale page you refer to. But you must be very cautious to avoid fraud. If you do not have enough knowledge to examine a car, it is highly advised to get the support of an expert.
Generally, old cars present easy repairs and have long-lasting safety measures. Therefore, those will match you the best if you are a beginner.
- Safety for the Starters – If you are a new driver, you must give a special place to safety when choosing a car. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has introduced a rating scale for the safety percentage of a vehicle in a crash or a rollover accident. Refer to that percentage to make your inspections easier.
- Presence of Basic Features – Essential safety measures such as seat belts, airbags, side mirrors, and reverse cameras are some of the main features that need to be in a proper functioning state. Other than that, there are many things to consider, like the headlights, cruise control, and parking assistance.
- Fuel Efficiency – Your monthly costs will affect by fuel efficiency. Car weight, size, and assembly methods are the major roles that determine fuel efficiency.
Is Jeep Wrangler a Good First Car?
Jeep Wrangler is a good first car for the freshers on the road. They can fit any terrain, whether it is a rocky hillside road or a rural off-road. There are many benefits you receive along with a Wrangler. We will describe each so you can get a clear image of the vehicle.
- A Common Vehicle – If you need to purchase a used vehicle, you do not need months for the hunt as these SUVs are a common type in the pre-owned market. Jeep Wranglers are proceeding with an unfallen demand. Therefore, you could easily find an owner who is willing to sell his Wrangler after a few years.
The maintenance is also simple as the aftermarket is affordable, and there is no shortage of parts and accessories. Compared with the other SUVs, the maintenance costs will be low here.
Whenever you want to sell your Wrangler, you can easily find a buyer with about a 30% depreciation percentage. That means the percentage at which the buying and selling prices differ. Wrangler’s percentage is better when compared to the vehicles with more difference in these two stats.
- Easy to Handle – If you plan to have a lot of adventures and camping tours with your car, this is the best to fit any of those. The vehicle is accessible as of its off-road features and controls. Any new driver will find no trouble with this car. You can also remove doors or roofs as of your preference.
- Low Repair Costs – As this is an American-made model, there is no difficulty in finding a skilled mechanic for your repairs. When compared with imported vehicles, the labor costs will also be minimal.
Which Jeep is Best for a First Car?
Jeep Wrangler is undoubtedly a good first car. We have discussed the reasons that make it the best fit for teenage drivers in the above paragraphs. You can refer to it for a better explanation.
Jeep Renegade is also famous as an affordable first car. It has been calculated that the average sum for the repairs of a Renegade is around $500 per year. A setup suitable for any landscape is the best reward for a first-time driver. Renegade presents that quality. The short wheelbase gives Renegade easy access in city limits as well. You also have a high seating position that makes you feel safe as the road is visible at a higher angle.
Is a Jeep Wrangler Good Everyday Car?
Jeep Wrangler is a suitable car for an explorer who often travels along rough terrain and needs a reliable companion. The car is designed for long-term use, although your daily roads are hard to pass. Wrangler is the best match for you if you are looking for an off-road four-wheel drive vehicle.
On the contrary, if you always ride along city centers and highways, you will find that the mileage is low rate. Wrangler may not be the right match for you if you are concerned about fuel economy.
Thus, it must be clear to you that the suitability of a Wrangler depends on your needs and preference. Generally, Wrangler is an affordable vehicle with enough safety measures. Especially if you are a first-time car owner, this SUV will make your maiden experiences pleasant.
Is It Hard to Drive a Jeep Wrangler for a Newbie?
A Jeep Wrangler is helpful in many ways for a new car owner. The car is in an affordable range when compared with the other offroad SUVs. Therefore, a newbie could easily get used to handling a Wrangler.
Is a Jeep Wrangler Expensive to Maintain?
According to the collected data, it has been assumed that the repairing and maintenance costs of a Wrangler are around $700 annually. This is comparatively less amount when compared with the other heavy off-road vehicles. There is also no shortage of Wrangler parts. Therefore, the prices are also low.
What Year is the Cheapest Jeep Wrangler?
Generally, the newest models are the priciest. When searching for a second-hand vehicle, you will observe that the Jeeps before 2006 are the cheapest in the range. The price will variate within the range of $15000 – $25000. But you have to be aware of the total Because the older models may have a higher mileage causing a dozen of repairs and issues with the engine and other components.
Keep Reading: Similar Content You May Enjoy