The gas pedal is the accelerator present inside your car, and when you press this on some occasions you might feel the car is vibrating. The vehicle’s vibration might be because of the rotational movement of some components in the car. Vibration is normal, but if the car shakes when pressing gas pedal, it might be because of some problem that you must fix. Your vehicle might shake when you try to accelerate, and there are several reasons for it.
You start to drive the car as usual, and suddenly the car shakes when pressing the gas pedal, and then when you leave the gas pedal, the vibration fades. If you think it is something new, no, it is not.
It is a common problem that most drivers face. If the car shakes when pressing the gas pedal, it may be due to some trouble in the components, and you will have to fix it properly before there is significant damage.
You cannot neglect to notice what is wrong in the car when it starts shaking as it is a sign of some fault. By reading the article, you will get to know the reason for car shaking and how to solve the problem.
The Reasons for the Vibration of Your Vehicle When Your Press Gas Pedal
When you accelerate, your car might start vibrating, which is a warning sign that something is going wrong. Therefore, you must check on the problem and get it solved before the situation gets worse. Now you will know a few causes related to the car’s vibration.
- Damages in the CV joints of your car may cause vibrations, and if the damage gets worse, it may shake the car when you try to accelerate.
- If the motor mounts are damaged, then there are possibilities for you to feel the vibration when you press the gas pedal.
- The tires in your vehicle must be in balance. If the tires are unbalanced, the car shakes when pressing the gas pedal.
- The ling nut used to attach the wheel might be loose, and because the wheel won’t be tight enough, during acceleration, you might feel like the car is shaking.
- If the driveshaft in your vehicle has been damaged or bent, it might also make the car vibrate when travelling at high speed.
- If the axle present in your car is bent, then you will feel the vehicle shakes when pressing the gas pedal.
- Leaking of exhaust gas may also cause your vehicle to shake during acceleration.
Apart from these reasons, there are a few other causes like having a faulty or sticky brake caliper, disconnection in the vacuum horse or damage in it, and the worn spark plug will also cause the car to shake when you try to accelerate.
Should You Worry about Car Shakes When Pressing Gas Pedal?
You might have come across why your car shakes when pressing the gas pedal. Shaking is not a mild problem that you can ignore. However, tiny vibrations are familiar when people try to accelerate but shaking means there is a warning.
The car shakes to signal that there will be damage to one or more components in your vehicle. Sometimes when you try to accelerate, the car will shake and will not accelerate. The speed is low, maybe because there is not enough compression taking place in the cylinder present in your engine.
If the fuel system is not working correctly, you will experience this problem. When you are experiencing car shakes when pressing the gas pedal, it is time to identify the cause and fix the issue sooner. This article will provide you with some ways to solve these issues.
Best Methods to Solve Car Shakes When Pressing Gas Pedal
Before jumping into the solution, try analyzing the issue. You must find where is the problem and try to fix it properly.
- You might have to check the ignition coil if your car doesn’t accelerate but shakes. Thoroughly check to fix if there is any damage or disconnection in the wire. Then replace it safely.
- You must check whether there is sufficient fuel in your vehicle. There will be an issue when you try to accelerate the car is the fuel is lacking. If the fuel is not enough, you will have to refill it but if you suspect a leak in your fuel system, try to fix it. You can get the support of a mechanic to do to solve the issue for you.
- If there is any problem with engine sensors, you have to fix it so that you can accelerate the vehicle without any trouble. Check whether the cable near the engine sensor is well connected and does not have any disconnections.
- And you must also check the driveshaft, CV joint, lung nut, tire, vacuum horse and other possible components which may cause car shakes when pressing the gas pedal. Once you detect the issue, try to repair it. Check the vehicle properly because sometimes the problem will be present in more than one component. If you fix only one and still feel like your car is shaking, then there are probably more issues.
- You might have to check the oil and coolant to see whether there is a sufficient amount and if it is in good condition. Also, check if there are any vacuum leaks present in your vehicle.
Can You Drive if The Car is Shaking?
Yes, you can drive a shaking car, but if you ask is it safe to drive a shaking vehicle, the answer will be no. It is often unsafe to operate a shaking car, and you must try to resolve the problem quickly as possible because the situation might get even worse when you try to drive a shaking car.
You will also end up spending a lot more on the repair. If you go on a grumpy road and your vehicle starts shaking, the problem is not with your car. When you experience mild shaking or vibration, it is normal, but if the car starts shaking excessively, you will have to check on the issue.
It is better to check if there is an issue when the vehicle begins behaving abnormally. Often you cannot predict whether it is a severe or mild issue.
This article on car shakes when pressing the gas pedal will help you understand the causes of the car shakes, some ways to fix them, and whether it is safe to drive a vehicle when it is shaking. We hope this was informative!
Expand Your Horizons: More Content You Might Enjoy